Saturday, December 24, 2016

25 Thoughts on Christmas # 24

“For God so love the world that He GAVE His only Son.” 

The happiest people you know are the most generous people you know.  Show me a generous person and I’ll show you a happy person.  Show me a stingy person and I’ll show you a grumpy person.  When you live a generous life, you’re truly experiencing life.  Jesus said it Himself … It’s more blessed to give than to receive.  Now, I’m no certainly no brain surgeon or rocket scientist, but given the option of choosing to be more blessed or less blessed … I’m probably going to choose to be more blessed.  And, the way I can choose to be more blessed … the way I can truly experience life … is simply by choosing to be more generous, to intentionally give, to daily sacrifice, to really feel generosity in my budget, to say “no” to some of my wants so I can say “yes” to another’s need, and to look to Jesus.  You see, a greater paycheck will never help me be generous, but a greater view of grace certainly will. A heart overwhelmed by grace is a heart willing to overwhelm others with generosity.


At the very core of Christmas we find a generous God who is willing to give to us. He saw a need, our need for salvation, and He “gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” 

We can never be guilted in to generosity.  We can be guilted in to giving, but we can never be guilted in to being generous. Generosity is the result of a life restored by grace. Guilt may motivate you to give today.  Grace will motivate you to be generous for a lifetime.  So, as we turn our thoughts this Christmas Eve toward a generous God who gave His only Son, may our hearts be transformed and may a generous life just be one of the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive