Saturday, September 3, 2016

"Yet" Is a Powerful Word

"Yet" is a powerful word
It's the difference between life as a noun
And life as a verb
It's the difference between
Fearing a mistake and learning from one
The difference between going farther
Or quitting before it's done
I can't do it
I can't do it ... yet
Only one will make you stronger
The other will make you quit
With one you move forward
With the other you stand still
One looks for "I can't"
The other looks for "I will"
Three simple letters
Make one powerful word
The distance traveled on the journey
Makes life a verb
Already ... but not yet
Is even more powerful to me
It's who I am in God's eyes now
Yet who I strive to be
It's the hope of heaven
While living on earth
It's knowing whose I am
That turns life in to a verb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive