Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Prayers for Our Families and Children Week 2



The prayers we pray for our children will live on in their lives long after we are gone from this earth.  With that in mind, one thing we must make sure of as fathers is that our Heavenly Father hears about our children every day.  God can use our prayers to literally shape the direction of our children’s lives. (Batterson)

The following prayers are written from Scripture and are designed to be a way to pray specifically for our children and families.  Each Tuesday in February I plan will post a prayer list for the week.  Will you join me in allowing our Heavenly Father to hear about our children every day and trust God to do His work in their hearts and ours.

Tuesday, February 9

Lord God, I pray that you will set a guard over the mouth of my children and keep watch over the door of their lips.  I pray that their heart will not be drawn to what is evil and that they will not desire to take part in wicked deeds with those who would lead them astray.  I pray that their eyes would be fixed on You. (Psalm 141:3 – 8) Amen.

Wednesday, February 10

Father, I pray that my children will see Your great power at work in their lives.  I pray that they will always recognize that You are a present and active part of their lives every day.  And, as they see You are work, I pray that their trust will be in You. (Exodus 14:31) Amen.

Thursday, February 11

Heavenly Father, I pray that my children will not just know that You love them, but I ask that they will also know that You enjoy them.  I pray that their hearts will recognize how much You take delight in who they are, that Your love will quiet their soul, and that the will feel You rejoice over them with singing. (Zepheniah 3:17) Amen.

Friday, February 12

Lord, help me to recognize the importance of encouraging my family every day.  I pray that You will help me know the words of encouragement to speak to them so that their hearts would not become hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.  (Hebrews 3:13) Amen.

Saturday, February 13

Jesus, I pray that my children will recognize You as the radiance of God’s glory and that You are the exact representation of His being.  I ask that they will understand in their hearts that it is You who sustains all things by Your powerful word and that You are sitting down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. (Hebrews 1:1 – 3)  And, Jesus, I ask that my children will confess with their mouth that You are Lord and believe in their hearts that God the Father has raised You from the dead. (Romans 10:9 – 10)  Amen.

Sunday, February 14


Lord God, I pray that You would protect my children from the lie that they have to earn Your approval and acceptance.  I pray that they will not be deceived in to believing that Your grace only applies to salvation and not to the process of their growth in You.  I pray that they will not be fooled in to thinking that they must begin with grace and end with their own efforts.  (Galatians 3:1 – 3)  May they be overwhelmed by Your truly amazing grace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive