Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Prayers for Our Families and Children Week 4

The following prayers are written from Scripture and are designed to be a way to pray specifically for our children and families.  Each Tuesday in February I plan will post a prayer list for the week.  Will you join me in allowing our Heavenly Father to hear about our children every day and trust God to do His work in their hearts and ours.

Tuesday, February 23

Heavenly Father, I pray that my children will not seek to share Your glory in any way.  I ask that they will be able to say, “Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to Your name be the glory, because of Your love and faithfulness.” (Psalm 115:1)  I pray that others will see their good works that what they do and how they live their life will be such a blessing that others will turn their praise to You in heaven. (Matthew 5:16) Amen.

Wednesday, February 24

God I ask that my children will find You beyond compare.  (Isaiah 46:5).  I pray that they will see You as enthroned above the circle of the earth. (Isaiah 40:22).  I pray that they will lift their eyes toward the heavens and trust that it was by Your great power that it all was created and is all sustained (Isaiah 40:26) I pray that they will see You as the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. (Isaiah 40:28) Amen.

Thursday, February 25

Father, because we live in a broken world, my children will experience their own brokenness and the brokenness of others.  This reality can wear them down and discourage their hearts.  But, I pray that You will give strength to them when they are weary and will increase their power when they are weak.  In those moments when they grow tired and weary and when they may stumble and fall, I pray that their hope will be in You.  I pray that You will renew their strength and that they find You to be faithful to them and that You will help them to soar like eagles to run and not grow weary, to walk and not to be faint all because they find their rest in You. (Isaiah 40:29 – 31) Amen.

Friday, February 26

God, I pray that my children will believe that You are the LORD, the God of all mankind and that they would believe nothing is too hard for You. (Jeremiah 32:27) Amen.

Saturday, February 27

Father, You said to the family of the Recabites, “You have obeyed the command of your forefather Jonadad and have followed all his instructions and have done everything He ordered.  Therefore, Jonadab son of Recab will never fail to have a man to serve Me.” (Jeremiah 35:18 – 29)  Oh, God, I pray that will be true of my family as well that we will never fail to serve You.  Far be it from us to forsake You, Lord, to serve other gods!  As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.  (Joshua 24:15 – 16) Amen.

Sunday, February 28


Holy Spirit, empower my children to be led by You so that they will not gratify the desires of their sinful nature. (Galatians 5:16)  Jesus, help them not to be deceived by the enemy and protect them from his desire to steal, kill, and destroy.  Instead, I pray that they will come to have the life You have promised an abundant and full life.  (John 10:10)  Holy Spirit, as they submit to You, grow your fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control in their heart and life.  (Galatians 5:22 – 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive