Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Prayers for Our Families and Children Week 3

The following prayers are written from Scripture and are designed to be a way to pray specifically for our children and families.  Each Tuesday in February I will plan to post a prayer list for the week.  Will you join me in allowing our Heavenly Father to hear about our children every day and trust God to do His work in their lives, our families, and us.

Tuesday, February 16

Father, I pray that my children will find confidence in You.  I ask that they will not allow anyone to look down on them because they may be young, but that You will help them to set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. (1 Timothy 4:12) Amen.

Wednesday, February 17

Lord God, I ask that you will fan in to flame the gifts, abilities, and passions You have given to my children. I pray that the purpose You have given them in life will be clear to them and that they will boldly do what You have called them to do believing that You have not given them a spirit of timidity, but rather a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline.”  (2 Timothy 1:6 – 7) Amen.

Thursday, February 18

Jesus, I ask You to help my family to be free from the love of money and to be content with what we have.  Help our hearts to be filled with the promise that You will never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews13:5) Help us to learn the secret of being content in any and every situation, knowing and believing that we can do everything through You, Jesus, when You give us strength. (Philippians 4:12 – 13) Amen.

Friday, February 19

God, thank You for demonstrating Your love for my children: That while they were still sinners, Christ died for them.  (Romans 5:8) I pray that You will give them power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge.  I pray that they will be filled to the measure of all the fullness of You, God. (Ephesians 3:17 – 19) Amen.

Saturday, February 20

Father, help my family to understand that the weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.  Help us to understand that our weapons have divine power to demolish strongholds that set themselves up against Your work in our lives.  Help us to take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:4 – 5)  Amen.

Sunday, February 21

Jesus, help my children not to trust in the delusion of their own strength.  I pray that Your grace will be sufficient for them and that they will learn that Your power is made perfect in their weakness.  I ask that they will not be ashamed of their weakness, but rather come to understand that their weakness is an opportunity for Your strength to be present in their lives.  Whether it is through insults or hardships or persecutions or difficulties, help them to believe that when they are weak, then they are strong.  (2 Corinthians 12:9 – 10) Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive