Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Prayers for Our Families and Children Week 1


The prayers we pray for our children will live on in their lives long after we are gone from this earth.  With that in mind, one thing we must make sure of as fathers is that our Heavenly Father hears about our children every day.  God can use our prayers to literally shape the direction of our children’s lives. (Batterson)

Someone has said, “I am utterly convinced that the two major weapons with divine power in our spiritual warfare are the Word of God and Spirit-empowered prayer.”  So, if I can combine the very words of God with my words in prayer it’s like a super weapon in our spiritual warfare! 

The following prayers are written from Scripture and are designed to be a way to pray specifically for our children and families.  Each Tuesday in February, I plan will post a prayer list for the week.  Will you join me in allowing our Heavenly Father to hear about our children every day and trust God to do His work in their hearts and ours.

Tuesday, February 2

Lord God, I pray that You will bless and protect my children.  I ask that they will feel Your smile upon their life and that You will be gracious to them.  As they walk through this day, please show them Your favor and grant them Your peace.  (Numbers 6:24 – 26) Amen.

Wednesday, February 3

Father, I do not know what my children will face today, but whatever comes their way, I pray that they will not worry.  Instead, I ask that they will bring their anxiety to You and talk to You about what they need.  As they do, please allow Your peace to overwhelm them and guard their hearts and their minds in Christ Jesus.  (Philippians 4:6 – 7) Amen.

Thursday, February 4

Father, I pray that my family will dwell in the shelter of the Most High and will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  May we say of You, Lord, that You are our refuge and our fortress our God in whom we trust.  Your faithfulness is our shield and our great reward.  We will not be afraid because we trust in You, Lord.  (Psalm 91:1 – 4) Amen.

Friday, February 5

Lord, I pray that You will help me not to exasperate or upset my children by being too hard on them.  Help me to know the balance of helping them rise to the occasion without placing expectations upon them that become a burden and cause them to become discouraged.  (Colossians 3:21) Amen.

Saturday, February 6

Father, I pray that You will enable my children to produce good works of every kind and that they will grow in their knowledge of You.  I ask that You will strengthen them with Your great power so that, no matter what comes up in their life, they will be patient and not give up.  (Colossians 1:10 – 11)  Amen.

Sunday, February 7


Father God, according to Your Word, the angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear You, and You deliver them. As a family, help us to taste and see that You are good.  Let us take refuge in You. Even lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek You, Lord, lack no good thing. (Ps. 34:7–10)  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive