Monday, May 11, 2015

Prayers for Our Wives and Marriages Week 3



I have been so blessed by the prayers of many people.  My life and my family are forever impacted by the prayers lifted up for us and will continue to be impacted by those prayers.  I long to not just be a man who prays but to be a man of prayer.  I try to be and yet I often find myself falling short of that desire.  I'm so thankful for God's grace as it propels me forward to be the man He has created me to be even in the midst of my shortcomings.  

If you've been using these prayers the past two weeks, I hope they have helped you become a person of prayer.  These prayers are specifically designed for husbands to pray for their wives, but I'm sure they can be adapted for wives to pray for their husbands or for singles to pray for married couples or even their future spouse.  You can find the previous two weeks here and here.  I trust that they are providing cover for our marriages and calling on the power of God to allow our marriages to point to Him.

Monday

Father, I pray that my wife will desire me sexually.  I pray that our sex life will thrive.  I pray that when she thinks of me she will say “Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth – for his love is more delightful than wine.” (Song of Songs 1:1)  I pray that she will say, “Take me away with you – let us hurry! Bring me in to your chambers.” (Song of Songs 1:2)  Amen.

Tuesday

Oh, God, I pray that my wife will be the most beautiful woman in the world in my eyes.  May I say of her, “How beautiful you are, my darling!  Oh, how beautiful!” (Song of Songs 4:1)  May I starve my eyes of every other woman so that they may feast upon her.  Amen.

Wednesday

Father, may I always rejoice in the wife of my youth.  May her breasts always satisfy me and may I ever be intoxicated with her love and her love only.  (Proverbs 5:18 – 19)  Amen.

Thursday

Father God, do not let my heart turn to another woman or stray in to her path.  Many are the victims of adultery.  Many marriages have been slain in this way.  (Proverbs 7:26 – 27) May ours not be counted among them.  Amen.

Friday

Father, You remind me that human anger does not produce the righteousness that You desire.  Help me to rid myself of all the filth and evil that can so easily infiltrate my life.  Help me to humbly accept Your word that has been planted in me.  In all of my interactions with my wife, help me to be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.  (James 1:19 – 21) Amen.

Saturday


God, help my wife to remember that she is blessed because her sins are forgiven. Help her to remember that her sins are covered. She is blessed because You, Lord, will never count her sins against her. (Rom. 4:7–8)   Amen.

Sunday

Lord God, help my wife not to fall victim to the accusations of Satan, the accuser of believers. He is furious because he knows his time is short. She has received Your salvation and is in Your kingdom, O God, and under the authority of Your Son, Jesus Christ. The enemy is overcome by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimonies. (Rev. 12:10–11) Help her never to cease testifying of Your mighty work in her behalf.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive