Monday, September 22, 2014

My "Later" Box



It's certainly nothing fancy, but this is my "Later" box. All sorts of great stuff goes in there like:


  • A date with my wife
  • Playing with my kids
  • Getting healthy
  • Time alone with God
  • Pursing a dream or passion
  • Getting away for a weekend
  • Reading the Bible
  • Reading a book in general
  • Serving someone else
  • Volunteering my time
  • Being generous
  • Making new friends
  • Connecting with old friends
  • Trying something new
  • A legacy
  • __________________________

These are all things that are incredibly important to me.  But, if I'm being honest, sometimes they get put in the box. The only time I do it, though, is when I'm just to busy to worry about them.  "I can't worry about these things now, but I will get to them ... later."  The really interesting thing about my "Later" box is this: Once I put something in there, I can never seem to find it again. If I didn't know any better, I would say that my "Later" box is consuming everything I seem to value the most.  Seriously, once it goes in there, it seems nearly impossible to get it out ... which begs the question: Why am I putting them in the box?

I don't know. I'm thinking I should get another box.  Maybe a "Focus On" box. If these things truly are a value, then my "Later" box really doesn't do them justice.  But, a "Focus On" box ... that sounds much better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive