Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Prayers of a Dad

God, I know there will come a time in life when my kids feel rejected by someone.  Maybe a friend will turn their back on them.  They may experience a break-up.  A job they really want, they may not get.  Someone they trust may let them down.  I don't know the specifics, but I believe that You do.  During any time of rejection I pray that they will find hope in you, Jesus.  Help them to understand that You, Jesus, know exactly what they are going through.  (Hebrews 4:15)  Help them to understand that You experienced rejection when You came to Your own, but Your own did not receive You.  (John 1:11)  In their times of rejection and of feeling unnoticed, help them to see that they are incapable of going unnoticed by You.  You have said time and time again in Your word that "I will be with you."  May those five words comfort them.  May those five words give them courage and boldness.  May those five words be a foundational truth that leads them through life. And, may my kids always say of You, the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."  (Psalm 91:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive