Sunday, January 19, 2014

Prayer of a Dad

God, in Your word You have told me that I should be "quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry."  (James 1:19).  Forgive me for the times when I have done just the opposite with my kids.  My anger will never produce the "righteousness You desire" (James 1:20) in my life or in the lives of my children.  I pray that I will always be willing to listen to them first and to take an interest in them.  I pray that I will never be so quick to tell them something that I neglect to hear what they have to say. I pray that I will be cautious with my words to them and realize that my words can "bring death or life." (Proverbs 18:21).  Please allow my willingness to listen to them help them feel important and please allow my words only to breathe life in to their souls.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive