Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Wife Calls Me a Tea Snob



I’m going to let you in on a little secret about myself … I like tea.  My wife actually calls me a tea snob because I’m not one of those Lipton tea guys … I’m not one of those Salada tea guys … I’m not a Tetley tea guy.  I like the good stuff … the stuff you buy in an actual tea store like the Teavana.  Some guys go to Lowes.  Some guys go to the Harley store.  Some guys go to Cabela’s … I go to Teavana.  Don't judge me.  :)

I enjoy having a cup of tea in the morning or in the evening.  And, as I was reading the Bible this morning (and having a cup of tea), I was reminded of how a cup of tea is a lot like a relationship with Jesus.  When I place tea leaves in my tea infuser and place it in hot water, the water absorbs the color and flavor of the tea and a dramatic change takes place.  The water is no longer called a cup of water.  It's now a cup of tea. 

When a person saturates themselves with the words of Jesus … when we let the words of Jesus activate us … when we live His words out … what happens is we begin to absorb the character of Jesus.  We actually take on a whole new identity and begin to become the man or the woman God has created us to be.  The Apostle Paul told us in 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed, and look, new things have come."  (HCSB)

Let His words saturate you and activate you, and live out the change that will take place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive