Monday, June 10, 2013

Haiti Trip Day 3


We made it through day 3 in Haiti.  Hard to believe we've been here 3 days already.  We are certainly learning a lot about Haiti and about ourselves.  It's been a great experience.  I know my prayer has been that God will continue to work in my heart. The Bible has so much to say about our hearts.  If my treasure is where my heart is (Matthew 6:21) ... if every word that I say flows from my heart (Luke 6:45) ... if I am to guard my heart above all else because it determines the course of my life (Proverbs 4:23) ... since the Bible says all of those things, I have been asking God to use this time to continue to soften my often hardened heart ... to take away my heart of stone and give me a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26).  Coming to Haiti has certainly helped soften my heart.  I long to have a soft heart no matter where I am ... in Haiti, in Nicaragua, in the States ... doesn't matter.  If my heart is soft, I will notice the needs around me no matter where I am.  That has been a consistent prayer of mine.


We started our day in the CPR-3 Moringa fields.  They have an entire field of Moringa trees which they have a vision to use to "eradicate malnutrition" in Haiti.  It's great to hear their vision for what they want to see happen and to see all of the hard work that is going in to making it happen.  Moringa has so many incredible benefits and, when their vision becomes a reality, it really can help eradicate malnutrition in Haiti.  Anyway, today, we cut off limbs and strips the leaves off the limbs and then took them to their "processing plant" where they will be dried and crushed in to a powder to be freely distributed.  Fun times.  But, we felt like a bunch of middle schoolers giggling every time someone said "I'll strip!"  (Referring to the leaves).  You can take the boy out of middle school but not the middle schooler out of the boy.  :)



We also went back to the same community we were yesterday and were able to help the family who had a fire.  We prayed with them and spent some time at their home.  It was nice to be there again and also to play with many of the kids again.  The picture at the very top is of a boy that latched on to me the entire time we were there.  Piggy-back rides are universally loved by children.  :)


After getting back, we spent some time in the community and also went out to dinner at a Haitian place called Yolty's.  Mrs Yolty was incredibly kind to us and it was a very nice experience ... chicken, rice, beans, plantains and Coke in a glass bottle.  Man, on a hot day that really hit the spot!

Again, our team is incredibly thankful for all the prayers.  We are certainly feeling them and love that we are being covered in prayer.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive