Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Not Sure Where the Love Comes From But It's Always There


Being a parent is fresh on my mind these days with the birth of Judah, so I have lots of parenting stuff running through my mind.  With the birth of our first son, Ezra, I knew that my wife and I would just be head over heels in love with him.  He was our first and our hearts were ready to pour out love to our first child.  But, with the births of each of our other children, there was always a slight fear in my heart ... how could I love them as much as my first?  But, then I would see them for the first time and realize that my father's heart would always have enough love for my children.  I mean, just when I thought I couldn't love anyone as much as Ezra, along came our second, Mercy, and I'm completely in love again.  The same thing happened with Torah and now Judah.  There will always be enough love for my kids.  It won't run out.

That just got me thinking about God's love for us.  The Bible says God's mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23).  2 Corinthians 12:9 says "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  God's grace and mercy are ALWAYS there, available to us every day "prior to our need, and in direct proportion to every moment's demand."  He will always give us what we need.  "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"  Matthew 6:26

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite passages, Rich. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive