The church I grew up in was definitely an "anti-dancing" church. It was so against dance that the mantra was "You should stay away from pre-marital sex because it can lead to dancing!" Well, thankfully that doesn't apply at our church our youth ministry. We do a lot of things as a church. But, in my opinion, one of the funnest things we do (and one of the best) is our annual Daddy/Daughter Dance. I believe this was our 6th time doing it, and every time is always so much fun! It was a little strange for me this year because I was actually on vacation the night of the dance, so I wasn't able to be there for the first time. But, it was also refreshing to know that I had left the dance in the very capable hands of a few of our volunteers and they did a great job pulling it off.
We really try to do a fun mix of upbeat songs, slow songs, and Just Dance Videos. This year we added a couple of music videos as well to shake it up a bit. Our play list included songs like:
- Cotton Eye'd Joe (Just Dance 1)
- Double Dream Hands (A fun video)
- Just the Way You Are (Billy Joel)
- The Way You Look Tonight (Frank Sinatra)
- Cinderella (Steven Curtis Chapman music video)
- Apache: Jump On It (Just Dance 3)
- And, of course, classics like YMCA, Electric Slide, and Cha Cha Slide
It's really a fun night filled with special moments. And, it's a great way for our dads to cherish their daughters. Below are a few pics from the night.