Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Only Thing That Counts ...


I've been really challenged this week by Galatians 5:6b which says "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."  I've asked myself the question several times this week ... is my faith being expressed by how I love others?  According to Galatians 5:6 ... that's all that really matters.  Am I allowing God to be on display in my life by how I treat others, respect them, serve them, give to them?  Or, am I too busy keeping my eyes on myself.  

The picture above is an illustration I used a few years ago on a Sunday morning.  I'm holding a mirror and the idea behind it was that as long as I keep my eyes focused on myself, I will never see you.  For those of us who are trying to embrace Jesus' way of life, that means we try to take our eyes off of ourselves and focus outward on others and how we can be Jesus to them.  I wish I could say I do this well every day.  Some days are better than others, but I'm really trying to keep in mind that "the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."  I heard someone say once that "Fake Christianity is just a bunch of words.  Authentic Christianity is LOVE in action."  I hope I can live up to that statement and let God be on display in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive