Friday, December 2, 2011

The Star Wars Scavenger Hunt

I'm a really big Star Wars fan.  Growing up, I entertained myself hours on end playing with action figures or being in the woods behind my house saving the Universe from the "Empire."  So many good memories and it was so much fun for me.  Well, earlier this year I passed along my Star Wars action figures to my son.  He's loved playing with them, but honestly, I only had a few action figures left.  As we've seen other Star Wars action figures in books that we've read to him, he's always asked me, "Dad, did you have that action figure growing up?"  Well, somewhere along the line, he became convinced that I simply lost the action figures and the next time we went to Grandma and Grandpap's house, we'd find them.  

So, I decided to really try to make this fun for my son.  I got on Ebay and bought some old Star Wars action figures ... not the "mint" condition ones that are like crazy, super expensive ... but the ones that somebody really had fun with and just didn't want them anymore.  So, I bought some and when we got to my parents house, I took a little bit of time to hide them outside.  I then asked Ezra if he wanted to try to help me find some of the ones I lost.  It was SO much fun!  He's done nothing but play with those things since we've been back from my parents place.  

He was always fascinated with Jabba the Hutt.  So, I wanted to be sure I got one of those with him.  This is his reaction when he found Jabba outside.  It's worth the 40 seconds to watch the video just to find out how he described what Jabba looks like.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say how awesome this idea was! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive