Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Simple Challenge

I was reading Acts 10 for my quiet time the other day and was really struck by the way a man name Cornelius was known.  Verse 2 says "He gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly."  Then, later in verse 4 we are told that an angel of God came to him in a vision and the angel said this:  "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God."  What I found really challenging is that this guy Cornelius was known by his peers as a person who prays and gives generously and, more importantly, was known by God as a person who prays and gives generously.  My take-a-way from those verses ... be a person of prayer and a person of generosity.  That seminary degree really comes in handy.  :)

So, if you're reading this today, that's my simple challenge to you.  Are you praying?  Are you giving?  What a great way to be known by others and by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive