Friday, July 8, 2011

Another Reason Why I Love Our Church

I love that fact that our kids are surrounded by so many positive influences at our church.  Below are just a couple of pictures of that going on.


Galen is in our small group and Ezra just loves him because he thinks he looks like Peter Parker (which he does, by the way.)  Ezra is always trying to shoot him with his Spider Man web. 


Katy is one of the girls in our youth ministry.  Ezra just had a blast with her at our Fireworks Party.  You can see why.


Kelsey and Lauren are both in our small group and also on our youth team.  I loved the fact that our kids just felt comfortable enough to go up and sit on their laps and also that Lauren and Kelsey really enjoyed the time with our kids.


This is a picture that was taken by Rusty.  I just love the fact that he was sensitive enough with taking pictures at our Fireworks party that he didn't just take pictures of our youth ministry but looked for great family pictures like this one of my wife and our daughter Torah.

There are so many other people I could mention that have impacted our family so much ... the ones who primarily watch our kids when my wife and I both work on Tuesdays, the Hilers, are from our church and formerly in our small group.  Pastor Jon and his wife and Pastor Jeremy and his wife have spent signifcant time watching our kids.  And, our primary baby sitter when my wife and I go out on dates is Alaina, a girl from our youth minsitry who our kids just love and we simply trust with our kids.  Coni, who often gives our kids gifts out of the blue.  The list could go on and on. 

I am just so thankful to be a part of our church and see more and more each day how the church can truly be family and can truly be the hope of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive