Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Miscellaneous

- Whew!  Definitely recovering from a busy week last week.  Lots of amazing stuff to be involved with:  5 Star after school program, seeing over 2000 shoes be shipped off, figuring out Bible studies for our youth ministry, working on securing tickets for our summer mission trip, organizing the deposits for our youth conference, Communion, our community Easter Egg Hunt, and being a part of the largest services we've ever had at Grace Community on Easter.  By the end of Sunday night, I was a bit tired ... but it was a good tired.

- To my knowleged, our Easter services were the largest that we've ever had at Grace Community.  There was so much excitement in the air and you just knew God was going to do something BIG as we celebrated Jesus.  I love our church and how God moved on Sunday.  Our theme was "Everything Changes When You Flip the Switch."  It's the idea of the difference the power of the resurrection of Jesus can make in our lives.  We gave people an opportunity to respond to the Gospel and if people made a decision we asked them to come up front and "flip a switch" which turned on a light.  Below is the very first person to come up on stage and "flip the switch."  You can read about the experience on Pastor Jim's blog.  By the end of the day, every light on the board was lit up!  Woo Hoo!


- After our services, we had our Community Easter Egg Hunt.  We had over 28,000 eggs, 200 hundred pairs of sunglasses, $400 in cash, 16 bikes, and numerous gift cards to be given away.  It was such a great day.  Below are a few pictures from the event.


Volunteers laying out over 28,000 eggs




We're estimating there were over 4,000 people on our property ready to be a part of the Easter Egg Hunt



We had 2 fire trucks drop sunglasses and cash prizes from their fire ladders to 7th - 12th graders.

- This morning I made my annual trek to the cancer center for a routine scan.  Scans are just a part of my life now ... something I get to experience once a year ever since being diagnosed.  Always a strange feeling.  I feel great.  I feel healthy.  But somewhere in the back of my mind is the thought "it could always come back."  I don't dwell on it or really even think about it much.  But, laying on the CT table always brings up such pleasant thoughts.  I get to meet with my new oncologist Wednesday and am expecting good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive