Friday, April 22, 2011

Axis Wrap Up 4-20-11 Rescued


 




We had a really powerful night at axis on Wednesday reflecting on what Jesus did for us on the cross.  We focused on how Jesus' body was broken so that our broken relationship with God could be healed ... so that we could be "rescued." 

We set the stage for the night by watching this video which really shows the impact of what Jesus did for us on the cross.  We then gave our kids an opportunity to take the "bread and the cup" because Jesus said "Whenver you eat and drink, remember ... I've rescued you!"  (1 Corinthians 11:24 - 25).  We then gave kids an opportunity to write or draw something to express their thanks to Jesus.  It was an awesome experience and I loved reading what kids wrote.

To close the night I simply shared the Gospel.  It wasn't anything fancy.  I just explained the Gospel to kids and gave them a chance to respond.  I was so excited to see kids ask Jesus to take charge of their life!  I'm always amazed at God's love for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive