Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Miscellaneous

- I was listening to ESPN Radio this morning and heard that out of the 5.9 million people that filled a NCAA bracket out on ESPN Radio ... 2 ... only 2 people picked the current Final 4. Now would probably be the time for those 2 people to buy a lottery ticket. - The VCU/Kansas game was such a fun game to watch yesterday. Love pulling for the underdog. - We wrapped up our 4Keeps marriage series at Grace yesterday. There were some really special moments during the service including a Proclaimers cover of "I'm Gonna Be" (500 Miles) done by Jeremiah and Jeremy. They nailed it! Pastor Jim spoke on how to keep love strong in our marriages. At the end of the service there was a time for people to simply stand up and renew their vows to each other. It was a very special time. While saying the vows to my wife, I really started to tear up especially during the "in sickness and in health" part because it was just 4 years ago on March 26th that I was diagnosed with cancer. That part of the vow has really taken a deeper meaning for us. - We have 8 of our student leaders who are planning to go to Nicaragua again this year for a mission trip. I'm so excited for them and very excited to go back and servce. - This morning while I was getting some firewood, I looked up in a tree in our backyard and saw a HUGE falcon sitting on a branch. It had caught something and was eating it in the tree. I brought Ezra outside and let him look at it. For the rest of the morning he proceeded to take his nerf gun outside and shoot at the falcon. That's my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive