Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Miscellaneous



- My wife texted me this picture this morning of our daughter Mercy. When Carol asked her what she was doing she said, "Just restin'." I guess if you're tired, a drawer is as good a place as any to take a break.

- We had really great services at Grace Community yesterday. I think it could be the first time in all Christianity that the topic of sex was followed by baptisms. Pastor Jim did a great job addressing sex in marriage as part of our 4Keeps series. After ther sermon, we were able to celebrate with nearly 40 people who were baptized. It was a great Sunday.

- My NCAA brackett is pretty much toast. I had Pitt in the finals and Notre Dame making it to the Sweet 16 ... losing to Pitt, though. Only Kansas is still alive for me in the Southwest and only BYU and Florida are alive in the Southeast. The West and the East portion of my bracket is still looking pretty good.

- This Wednesday we are having a special offering for Charity Water as part of our FaceLess series in our youth ministry. I've been so encouraged at how our kids are responding to this series. And, I'm excited that we're not just talking about stuff. We've strategically planned several different opportunities to go out in to our community and surrounding areas and make a difference. Kids are stepping up and can't wait to see how they step up this Wednesday with the offering.

- I had a really special experience after church yesterday. As I was helping clean some things up after our services, I had a teenager come up to me and hand me $150.00. She said she found it lying on the floor in the foyer and didn't know what to do with it. Man, when I was a teenager, I could have thought of a few things to do with it, but giving it to a pastor unfortunately would not have been one of them. I was so proud of her for showing integrity. When I complimented her on this she looked at me as if to say "What else was I going to do with it. Not keeping it for myself was just the normal thing to do." So proud of her. By the way ... we were actually able to find the rightful owner of the $150.00.

- I signed up for my first half marathon of the year last week. I'll be running it with 15 other teenagers in an effort to raise money for Asia's Hope. No doubt they'll all beat me in the race, but can't wait to run with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive