Monday, January 17, 2011

Something New in Our Youth Ministry

It's hard to believe that I've been in our youth ministry for 8 1/2 years. I've seen a lot happen in those nearly 9 years ... some great stuff and some not so great stuff. I've also had a lot of ideas in those nearly 9 years ... again ... some winners and some losers! I'm trying something a little new this year.

I really desire to reach out to parents more. I send out visitor letters to any student who visits our ministry for the first time. Just a simple, hand-written letter that lets them know I'm so glad they stopped by. In addition to that, I'll also be sending out a letter to their parents. A little something that says "thank you" and also briefly explains what our youth ministry is about.

It's not some huge, ground breaking idea, but something small and tangible that, I feel, will let parents know we truly care about their family and desire to partner with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive