Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mercy!

Today is my beautiful Mercy's birthday. It's amazing how quickly 2 years can go by! I remember the picture below from the day she was born and just wondering what she was going to be like and how we would adjust to having 2 kids instead of just one. Well, whatever I thought it was going to be like hasn't even compared to the joy and the love and the excitement she has brought to my life and to our family. God has blessed us so much and I simply cannot imagine life without Mercy. She is full of life, very independent, loves to laugh and play, nurturing, and is always up for a cuddle.

Happy birthday to my pretty girl!



We gave Mercy her choice of breakfast at home. She chose grapefruit, blueberries, and Chex. I was beginning to wonder if she really WAS my daughter until we asked her where she wanted to go to this morning and she said Dunkin Donuts. Don't need a DNA test to know that's my girl!



We had a small party for her last night. It was so much fun! We really do encourage her to use a fork and spoon, but you'd never know it by looking at these two pics.



She really felt like "one of the girls" last night and, just by the look in her eyes, she felt incredibly loved and cherished.



After breakfast at home this morning, she opened her birthday gifts. A pair of "Jessie" pajamas and a "Woody" doll from Toy Story. She didn't like it at all.




Happy Birthday, Mercy! I love my baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive