Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Feels Like Home



A friend of mine told me that he bought a study Bible the other day. It really got me thinking about my Bible. I honestly have several Bibles at home and in my office, but this Bible is by far the one where I feel most "at home." It was given to me in 1994 by a group of kids I worked with at a small church. Since that time I have filled it with notes and scribbles and high lights and papers. A dog has chewed on it and I've accidentally spilled things on it. But, if I ever need to know where a specific passage is in the Bible, I always go to this one. It's by far the one that holds the most memories for me and will always be in my possession.



I'm sure that group of teenagers who bought this Bible for me had no idea what it would mean to me. At that time, I had no idea what it would mean either, but I'm so thankful for it and for God's word. I will often pray in the mornings "God, help me to believe that Your word is alive and active in my life." His words are powerful and can help guide us through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive