Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday Miscellaneous



- It's been snowing the past couple of days which means some snow-time fun for our kids. Well, at least for our son. Mercy took her gloves off 5 minutes in to being outside and still hasn't caught the concept of her hands getting cold in the snow. After a minor meltdown, she went inside to color. But, Ezra stayed outside and had a blast!



- One of the things I enjoy most about our home is our fire place. Here are the kids warming up in front of the fire place after a bath. I love chopping the wood. I love setting it on fire. And, I love sitting down in front of the fire place with a cup of hot chocolate.



- We started our new series at Grace Community yesterday called Rebel. We're taking a look at the life of Jesus Christ. I wasn't re-born to go with the flow. Following Jesus means you'll stand out and live differently. We started our morning with prayer. This is one of my favorite times on a Sunday morning. Praise God we saw several people make decisions for Jesus yesterday.



- Yesterday was definitely a long day of ministry. As much as I try to prioritize my family and say "no" to things in order to be with my family, being in ministry means there are just some days that are going to be longer than others. At the church at 6:30am. Served all three services. Ordered everything for and set up everything for our Business Celebration. Met with our student leadership team in the after that. And, then, capped the night off with an Angel Tree Christmas party. It was an event where we tried to provide a great Christmas experience for 100 families who have children whose parents are incarcerated. The night was full of food, Christmas songs, games, and lots of presents. It was really a great event. A long day, but well worth it.

- Got home from the Angel Tree event and spent some great time with our kids. After putting them down for bed, I was able to watch the Steeler game. What an amazing game! In my opinion it was one of the best games of the year ... period! It didn't have the style and flash of a high scoring game, but it had the determination of two teams just hitting each other in the face until finally someone fell down. Thankfully, the team that fell down was the Ravens. I cannot stand the Ravens, but the best compliment I could give them is that if I wasn't a Steeler fan I'd probably be a Ravens fan. They play football the way I like to see football played ... line up and try to hit the person in front of you harder than they hit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive