Every week we have the opportunity to impact the lives of teenagers that walk through our doors. Let's make the most of it! Their view of God is often shaped by what we say, how we respond, and what we do. Are they getting a clear picture of the God we are in love with? A few things that have been floating through my head:
- How well we listen to and engage our kids will have a greater impact than how well we speak or talk.
- Somewhere in your youth ministry is a teenager who needs to have a conversation with a caring adult. Will you be that adult?
- Sometimes you may only get 30 seconds with a teenager. If so, let it be 30 seconds where they felt absolutely cherished and treasured.
- You have one shot to be the youth pastor God has created you to be. One shot. Don't get distracted by your insecurities or by the numbers or by what the other person is doing down the street. Focus on what God wants to do in YOUR ministry. Follow His lead.
- Don't over entertain but under challenge.
- Be willing to call greatness out of your kids.
- Don't give out of an empty tank. Nuture your relationship with God. Nobody should care more about your own spiritual growth than you do.
- If you're frustrated because your kids aren't doing something ... lead them to do it. It's not that "My kids won't do _______________." Rather it's "I haven't led my kids to do ____________."
- Be positive. Start talking to yourself rather than listening to yourself.
- Let your kids know you're proud of them. Teenagers don't hear that enough.
- Your story may be exactly what they need to hear.
I'll say it again because it's a thought that has been on my heart so much lately. Every week we have the opportunity to impact the lives of teenagers that walk through our doors. What an awesome and humbling priviledge we have. Let's make the most of it.
- ► 2017 (17)
- ► 2016 (55)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (71)
- ► 2011 (106)
- Favorite Leslie Nielsen Quotes
- Axis Wrap Up 11/24/10 - Pajama Night
- Monday Miscellaneous
- You Don't See This Everyday
- Feed My Starving Children
- Communion as a Celebration
- Axis Wrap Up 11/17/10 Ask Us Anything
- Daddy Christmas Tips
- Phrases in Our Youth Ministry
- Urban Hope Mission Trip
- Youth Pastor ...
- Axis Wrap Up 11-3-10 Ask Us Anything
- God Provides
- Stress and Recovery
- Monday Miscellaneous
- Axis Wrap Up 10-27-10 What They Believe
- Security Video
- ▼ November (17)