Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Tire is Going Flat



Someone left this note on my windshield this morning while I was in our weekly staff meeting at the Martin's Supermarket Starbucks. It's a little difficult to read but it says "Your right rear tire is going flat." What impressed me about the note is that a complete stranger thought enough to take the time out of his/her schedule, find a piece of paper and a pen, write the note, and then place it on my windshield. It made me feel good to receive a small act of kindness like this.

I was reminded of how important kindness is. Small gestures like this show so much. They help a person feel valued. And, it wasn't some HUGE thing that was done. A simple note that basically said, "I think you're important enough to know."

Thanks to the stranger who went of of their way to do this. You brought a smile to my face this morning ... and some air to my tire. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive