Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Miscellaneous

- Great services at Grace Community yesterday. We continued the 5 More Lies series by looking at It's Too Late. We really focused on marriage and what it means to be committed to each other and growing through the stages of love together. Pastor Jim did an amazing job communicating these things and we ended the service in two really cool ways. Click Here to see the video we ended with. And, at the very end of the service we had couples go out and write on our church windows. You can see above some of the things that were written. In the video you can see some of the couples in the later services writing on the windows. I loved looking in their eyes and seeing how much fun they were having doing this and I loved the creative way we ended the services. Man, what a cool experience and I loved writing to my wife.



Worth Fighting For from Grace Community Church on Vimeo.

- 5 Star starts at the Goshen Middle School. 5 Star is an organization that gets in to local schools as an after school program and teaches 5 values to kids: Courage, Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, and Sacrifce. It's seriously one of the best programs around for getting in to schools and investing in kids. I'm looking forward to the big kickoff today and the HUGE ice cream sundae that we're going to have. :)
- I ran this morning for the first time since my marathon. My knee felt tight, but not painful. It was good to sweat and exercise again after a two week break. I then met with a senior from our youth ministry for breakfast and a Bible study. I've loved meeting with this guy for the past year and it's been refreshing to just go through the Bible ... no books, no specific Bible studies ... just the Bible and what jumps out at us. Good stuff.
- My Steelers won again yesterday with the ancient Charlie Batch at quarterback! :) Funny how 35 is ancient in the NFL. But, man, a big win for them. I just wish I could have watched it. Unfortunately, my fantasy team didn't do as well.
- Our kids have been so fun this past week. I wish I could count the number of times that they have made my wife and I laugh.
- I was doing some yard work Saturday afternoon. While up on our roof cleaning out our gutters I reached in to a gutter to pull out some leaves and grabbed and entire bees nest! I didn't realize it until I noticed all of these "things" flying around me. Come to find out they were bees! I can only imagine what I looked like on top of my roof running around and swatting at the air. Crazy! Thankfully, no stings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive