Friday, September 24, 2010

The First One



The past couple of weeks have been really fun for me. I've officially passed down my "action" figures to Ezra. When I was a boy I LOVED action figures. Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Masters of the Universe ... you name it, I loved to play with it. Well, I've held on to all of my action figures for this very reason ... to pass them down to my son. Seriously, as soon as Ezra wakes up in the morning, he pulls out those action figures and has a blast. And, quite honestly, I've had fun playing with them too. It's been so long since I've made Darth Vader fight Bobba Fett! :)

Anyway, I'm not sure how or why I remember this, but the picture above is of my very first action figure. He was a G.I. Joe named Craig, and it's been close to 30 years since he was given to me. Not sure how I can remember those specifics but forget to take the trash out at my house, but that's a post for another time. :)

As you can tell, Craig, received quite a bit of action. He's lost his legs, parts of his hands, and his arm is off. He also lost the helmet that came with him. He's faded, scratched, chipped, and just doesn't have much going for him these days. He's been used probably as well as any action figure could have been used and we had lots of fun times together.

This may be a stretch, but I was thinking about that just a little bit and really hope my life is like this little action figure. I want to be able to give everything I can because that means I'm not staying in the package. I'm being useful and I'm giving back. If I would have given Ezra a spotless Craig still in the package ... well ... that would just mean he was never played with! What fun is that?

The honest truth is it's probably time to send Craig to G.I. Joe heaven ... but while he was here, he sure was used to his fullest potential. I hope I can say the same thing about my life. God didn't create us to stay in the package. He wants to take you out and "play" with you as much as possible. Don't hold back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive