Friday, August 13, 2010

Sick Days

I've had to use more sick days this week than I have in my entire 8 1/2 years at Grace Community ... and that includes going through 8 months of chemotherapy! Yikes! I'm not sure what I caught, but it was vile and nasty and of the devil! It knocked me out like I had never been knocked out before. I'm still not 100% recovered, but at least I can get off the couch, which is more than I could say a couple of days ago. But, I'm back in the office and hopefully on the road to recovery.

Here are a few things I realized that I really missed while I was sick:

- I missed NOT having to run to the bathroom
- I missed the feeling of a non-nauseaus stomach
- I missed being able to play with my kids and kiss my wife
- I missed eating
- I missed the fun of being in the office
- I missed the Middle School Mess Fest ... because I was having my own "Mess Fest" at home
- I missed running ... I didn't really count running to the bathroom as exercise
- I missed not really thinking about how many times I was actually in the bathroom on any given day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive