Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Miscellaneous

- Chipotle is my new favorite place to eat! My wife and I were able to go out on a date Friday night and our newest restaurant of choice has been Chipotle. One of the reasons we really enjoy it is because of the type of meats and vegetables they choose to use. They call it "Food with Inegrity." Plus, it's just flat out good stuff!



- My Steelers looked AWFUL last night in their 3rd pre-season game. So glad it's the pre-season! Let's work out the kinks.

- I ordered 4 youth ministry books last week and received them on Thursday. My plan is to finish them by the end of the year. I'm really looking forward to digesting the info and hopefully getting some great ideas on youth ministry. I just started The 9 Best Practices for Youth Ministry. Really good so far. The first chapter dealt with the importance of nurturing ourselves and the idea that nobody should be more concerned with our spiritual growth than we are. We have to take care of ourselves spiritually and grow in our relationship with God. Good stuff.

- I'm officially a "Tweeter" now. The demand for people to find out that I'm sitting on the floor playing with my kids was just too strong to stay away from Twitter. People just want to know. :)

- Our church is sending off a team to Asia's Hope tomorrow. I'm so excited for them and can't wait to get info on the orphans our church supports in Cambodia and Thailand.

- An incredible family from our church invited us to their lake house yesterday afternoon. They have been doing this every year for the past 5 years. They invite all the pastors over and we just have a blast hanging out. It was so much fun yesterday and they make the most amazing homemade ice cream that I've ever had! Such a great day. Thanks, Ed and Deb.

- The reality that we will be having a 3rd child in two months is really starting to sink in. I mean, 7 months ago when Carol told me, I was so excited and thrilled ... but it all seemed like a dream. Well, those 7 months have just flown by and now with only 2 months left I'm getting even more excited and more nervous. I can't wait to me the little guy/girl. I was talking to him/her a little bit last night while watching the Steelers play on TV. It's hard to believe that right now I'm only a muffled voice to this baby, but soon he/she will know me as dad. Seriously, being a dad is one of the best things to ever happen to me.

- Busy week this week. Axis Wednesday ... The Great Big Umbrella Blitz Friday ... Preaching Sunday ... lots to get ready this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive