Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Miscellaneous


- I took my son for his first ever "run" over the weekend. It was an absolute BLAST! He's been asking me to take him running lately and so on Saturday afternoon we both laced up our shoes and went out for a run. He did a WHOLE mile ... and even took time to stop and pick some flowers for mom.



- I love this picture! I look like a dork in the sweat bands. He makes them look good.




- Here we are finishing up our run. Our son is SO relational. He loves to talk and has a genuine interest in what is going on in someone's life. Anyway, before we started our run he asked me "Dad, can we talk while we run." Seriously, that boy loves to talk! I love it!

- Today is the 8th "engagement" anniversary for Carol and I. 8 years ago today she said "yes" to me ... even though my proposal didn't go quite as planned. I was on vacation with her and her family at Cape Cod. Well, we were just a few minutes from the beach so I had planned to wake her up early in the morning and ask her to go for a walk with me to the beach. I wanted us to be able to sit on the beach, watch the sun rise, and while the sun was just coming up over the horizon, seemingly meeting the sky and the ocean at the same time, I was going to get on my knees and ask her to be my wife. Well, I woke up, as planned, early in the morning, only to find out that it was rainy and overcast. But, I woke Carol anyway, and we went for our walk. We arrived at a rain soaked beach and of course I didn't bring towels for us to sit on. Anyway, after about 15 minutes at the beach we both started being attacked by sand fleas! The nasty things are awful! So, we decided to go for a walk on the beach. When we got back to our original location, the bugs started getting to us again. I eventually said, "Carol, this is not going exactly how I planned for it to go, but I really want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" She said, "Yes." And then we were like, "Let's get the heck outta here. These bugs are awful!"

It must have been true love for her to accept that proposal! I'm so glad she said "yes" to me and also that she's so forgiving. She recognizes my efforts ... even though my intentions are good, things don't quite turn out like I plan sometimes .... like the time I got her a blender for her birthday, but that's a story for another post. :)




- Been reading the book Radical by David Platt. Needless to say, it's been kicking my butt! If you're looking for a good and challenging read, this is definitely one of those books.
- Have yet to receive the phone call to be invited to the Steelers training camp. I only have another year or two of eligibility left, so their time is running out. :) I love football season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive