Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday Miscellaneous

- Getting ready for our High Five Sports Camp this week at Grace. Pastor Jon and his team do an amazing job bringing all of this together and we'll have the opportunity to reach hundreds of kids at this camp. Very, very cool. My role this year ... to help teach the large group sessions and to lead games. Notice I wasn't asked to be in the slam dunk contest.

- Had our 4th of July party last night at our house. It was great to have kids from axis over and I had a blast with them. Honestly, though, the funnest part of the night was watching the fireworks with my son. This was the first time he has ever seen a fireworks show and I enjoyed watching him more than the fireworks themselves. He must have said "Wow" a hundred times! It was the best!

- Getting ready to leave again next week for our Momentum Conference. I'm looking forward to taking a nice group of teenagers this year and I can't wait to hang out with them for the week. Lots of fun stuff planned and I can't wait to see how God moves. Also, Pastor Jeremy will be helping lead worship at the conference with some of our axis band. Very cool!

- I'm more amazed at my wife every single day. She's so out of my league!

- Looking forward to getting back in to my running schedule this week. The week I was in Nicaragua and the week after sorta threw me off a bit. I think I'm feeling up to par this week and look forward to getting back on track. Plus ... I've ordered new shoes. Can't wait to try 'em out.

- Saw a man on a Harley yesterday wearing Crocs .... ok, I'm not all about fashion and appearance but don't the words "Harely Davidson" and "Crocs" sort of not go together. Somewhere a biker is turning over in his grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive