Monday, June 14, 2010

Nicaragua

I'm getting ready for my first "out of the country" mission trip. I'll be taking 8 of our teenagers to Nicaragua. We'll be doing a variety of things while we are there, but we'll be working closely with a mission who serves children and families who live in a very impoverished area. One of the areas we will be at is literally a garbage dump where families are living. I'm really excited about this opportunity for several reasons:

1. I believe doing this makes God happy.
2. I believe doing this will really allow us to be Jesus to kids and adults who live in a very impoverished area.
3. I believe this is going to change me.
4. I believe this will change our teenagers going.

Sounds like a win any way you look at it! I've been on several cross-cultural trips, but have never been out of the country ... unless you include my 2 hour stay in Canana while on our Alaskan cruise. I'm glad that my passport is actually going to get some use now and I can't wait to see what God has in store.

Here is a link to a slide show of where we'll be serving. I'd really appreciate your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive