Friday, June 18, 2010

Axis Wrap Up 6/16/10 - What We Believe About Jesus

We continued our "What We Believe" summer series at axis by taking a look at What We Believe About Jesus. Again, we stripped down everything in the ministry, had a short time of announcements, broke up in to small groups, prayed, and then got right in to our teaching time.

Before we started I reminded our kids that what they believe about Jesus will be the most important thing that they EVER believe in their entire lives. I also reminded them that the reason I do what I do is because of what I believe about Jesus. He's made an unimaginable change in my life and I want to do all I can to point others (especially teenagers) to Him.

We spent some time going through a short workbook on Jesus and looked at things like:
- Jesus was 100% man
- But, Jesus was also 100% God
- What does the Bible specifically say about Jesus
- What did Jesus say about Himself
- Why did Jesus have to die for us

Honestly, for me personally, it was a very worshipful time simply focusing on Jesus ... who He is and what He has done. I left with just a greater sense of wonder and amazement because of who He is.

For more information on what we talked about you can go to http://www.axisgcc.com and click on our What We Believe About Jesus workbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive