Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ezra!



Three years ago today, our son Ezra was born. The picture above is when we brought him home from the hospital. Here's a small sample of what I wrote in his journal on the day he was born:

"I fell in love again today at 4:38pm with a 7lb, 9oz, 21 inch long baby boy named Ezra. Seeing you born was an absolutely amazing experience and I cried tears of joy and laughed uncontrollably. I feel like I'm walking on air right now even though I'm totally exhausted."

A lot has happened in these 3 years, but one thing I'm sure of ... our lives are better because Ezra is in them. The name "Ezra" means "helper" and that has been our prayer for him since before he was born ... that he would be a helper to other people, someone who encourages, someone who makes others better simply because he is around them. That prayer has already been answered because I am a better person because Ezra is in my life. I can't wait to see the influence he continues to have on others.

I've posted some pics of his first year below:

He was NOT a fan of his first bath!



We could not get over how BLUE his eyes are. They are always full of life!



Here he is having a GREAT time at some friends.



While most kids are wanting to go to McDonald's ... Ezra prefers Starbucks. That's probably my fault. :)



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ezra! I am totally in love with you!
dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive