Topic: The Resurrection
Fun Stuff: Dodgeball
Attendance: 179 with 7 first time visitors
Bible Verses: 1 Corinthians 15:13 - 15, Matthew 28:11 - 15, 1 Corinthians 15:3 - 7, Acts 4:19 - 20, Ephesians 1:19 - 20
Main Thought: The resurrection changes everything.
Night Review: I tried to tackle this night from the standpoint of a lawyer and show the evidence of why I believe Jesus actually and literally came back from the dead. If this DIDN'T happen, then honestly, if we embrace Jesus' way of life, we're idiots. (1 Cor. 15:13 - 15). The Bible actually says our faith is "useless" if the resurrection didn't happen. So, I talked to our kids about why I believe Jesus came back to life.
1) He actually died (not just passed out from exhaustion or was near death ... but literally died. You just don't survive what the Romans did to people when the crucified them.) 2) Jesus' body has never been found. (The best way to disprove everything would simply be to produce the body. You would think that the most influential person in history ... you'd think somebody would at least know where his body was. But stories were made up to cover the miracle of the resurrection (Matthew 28:11 - 15). 3) Jesus Appeared to over 500 people after his death. (He didn't appear to some crazy person in the middle of the desert. He appeared to several people after his death and there were many eyewitnesses to the fact as recorded in 1 Corinthians 15:3 - 7). 4) People's lives were changed. (Just a few days earlier, the disciples deserted Jesus when the soldiers came to arrest him. They ran away b/c they were afraid to die. Even after Jesus was buried, John 20 tells us that the disciples hid in a room for fear of the Jewish leaders. But, after the resurrection, the disciples were fearless! They went everywhere telling people about Jesus coming back to life, even when they were threatened (Acts 4:19 - 20) These same men who were afraid a few days earlier were now bold and confident. Some people will die for what they believe to be true, but who would die for what they know to be false. Most of the disciples were martyred for what they were saying. If the resurrection didn't happen, they died for something the absolutely knew to be a lie.)
We wrapped up the night talking about how the resurrection is the "deal breaker." It changes everything! And, the power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead is the same power available to everyone who believes (Ephesians 1:19 - 20). Praise God!
- ► 2017 (13)
- ► 2016 (55)
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (56)
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (71)
- ► 2011 (106)
- Life From My Corkboard
- Axis Wrap Up 4-28-10: You Pick
- Axis Wrap Up 4-21-10: You Pick
- TV Interview
- Monday Miscellaneous
- I Am Free Video from axis
- Just Dance Video from axis
- Axis Wrap Up 4-14-10: You Pick
- And Who Said I'd Never Make a Commercial
- Counseling in Youth Ministry Part 2
- Counseling in Youth Ministry Part 1
- Monday Miscellaneous
- Easter Egg Hunt at Grace Community
- Easter Stomp at Grace Community
- Axis Wrap Up 3-31-10 Did Jesus REALLY Come Back fr...
- Catalyst One Day Mind Dump PART 3
- ▼ April (16)