Wednesday, April 14, 2010

And Who Said I'd Never Make a Commercial

I was asked last week by the Goshen Cancer Center to do a TV commercial for them. I knew it was only a matter of time before my chisled good looks got me on TV. :) I believe the time slot for the commercial will be the 2am time slot ... right between the info-mercial for Sham-Wow and re-runs of The Dukes of Hazzard. That's prime time, baby!

Seriously, I'm excited for the opportunity. It came from me being asked (along with a number of other cancer survivors) to make a brief video for an upcoming Cancer Survivor's Dinner put on by the Goshen Cancer Center. Gale Sayers will be the guest speaker at the dinner. Anyway, I just shared my story. The marketing director for the hospital was there, heard it, and then asked if I'd be willing to do a TV slot for them. Exciting stuff and I'm glad to do it. I will always be in debt to the Cancer Center and the people there ... and if you understand how much chemotherapy treatments cost, you'll realize that I will ALWAYS be in debt to the Cancer Center. :) (Praise God for insurance!)

Anyway, if you think of it, I'd appreciate your prayers. I really want to honor God in this opportunity and give credit to Him. I realize that the commercial is to give "credit" to the cancer center, but I really want my faith in Jesus to be the over-arching theme while I'm talking tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive