Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Love Weddings

Yep, I'm man enough to admit it. I love weddings! One of the best parts of what I do is getting to perform a wedding ceremony. I'm always honored when someone asks me ... even if I have to say no. And, there are times I have to do that. But, being able to be a part of something as special as committing yourself to each other "til death do you part" ... that's humbling.

This past weekend I was able to do the wedding for Matt Cripe and Allyce Puckett. They are two of our amazing axis volunteers. Once again, I LOVED it! There are things you see at weddings as a pastor that the "average" person just doesn't get a chance to see. For instance, as Allyce is walking up the aisle, I had an up close and personal look at the tears of joy in her eyes and in Matt's eyes. I actually started to tear up and it was ONLY a minute in to the wedding! And, then, when Allyce's dad, Keith(who he and his wife were amazing axis volunteers as well), gave her away and when they hugged and kissed, Allyce said, "I love you, daddy!" Most people didn't have the opportunity to hear that. It was very special. It's one thing to hear "I love you, dad." But, when "daddy" is used ... well, forget about it. Keith would have given her the world at that point! Below is a picture of Allyce and Keith after their dance at the reception.



When Matt and Allyce were signing the marriage certificate the night of the rehearsal, someone asked Allyce if she had practiced signging "Allyce Cripe" and she said, "Since our first date." I just thought that was the coolest thing to hear. I thought 2 things: 1) So cool that this dream is finally coming true for Allyce and 2) Matt, what a stud! He completely won her over on the first date!

The picture below just seems to sum up the entire night for two of them.



And, then, this picture seems to sum up Matt and Allyce. Allyce is an elementary school teacher and her class came to the wedding. They took time before they left to get a picture together.



I can't wait to see how God uses this couple and I'm so thankful they get to have an impact on our teenagers!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Rich, for the sincere message you gave at the wedding! Our friends came up to us afterwards and mentioned how real and personable the pastor was and how they could listen to him all day!! These dear friends just happen to be the people we wrote on the "uncharted wall". Wow! Keith and I prayed that God's word would speak to people through this wedding and we think it did!! Thanks! Also, thanks for the kind words in this blog. It started the tears flowing all over again!! We love and appreciate you and Carol so much. God Bless you both!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive