Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Miscellaneous

- As I was looking at the "Title" of this post, I always wonder to myself: "Am I spelling 'Miscellaneous' correctly?"

- As I was looking at the previous sentence, I realize that I'm 38 years old and I still get confused on the proper use of the words "Wonder" and "Wander" and I'm wondering/wandering if I used it correctly this time.

- My computer crashed on Thursday morning. I just love it when that happens. I just got this computer a little over two years ago and this is the second crash in less than a year. The last time we were able to get everything off of the hard drive. This time ... nothing. I do have everything backed up on external drives, so I'm hoping it can all be pulled from there and put back on. What's ironic is I was planning on backing everything up online this week instead of on external drives.

- If and when I get another computer, I'm seriously considering a Mac. I never hear of them "crashing" ... but this could just be my anger talking now too. :)

- Great services yesterday at Grace. Jim spoke on money. Everything said was just so true. I want to be known as a generous person and long for Grace to be known as a generous church and desire for axis to be known as a generous youth ministry. How cool would it be for someone to talk of us and say the words, "They were just so generous all the time."

- Played on the worship team in The Link for the first time yesterday. It's been over 2 years since I last played on a worship team at Grace. I just loved it! I'm definitely out of practice, but enjoyed doing it so much! Can't wait for the next time I'm on.

- Had a really good Valentine's weekend with my beautiful Valentine. On Saturday we got to enjoy a dinner out and also went to a coffee shop. I just loved being with Carol. On Sunday night, we got to enjoy some Papa John's breadsticks and watched the Olympics. I'm not sure how the Papa John's bread sticks has become a Valentine tradition for us, but it has. Sometime around Valentine's day we'll get the bread sticks and watch a romantic movie. We opted for the Olympics this time, though. It was just really good time together and every day I fall more in love with my wife.

- Our satellite campus in South Bend/Mishawaka had their first service in the new building yesterday morning. Everything just sounded AWESOME! You can check out Pastor Tim's reflections on the morning at Boucher's Blog.

- We have the most adorable kids in the world! Carol and I were talking about our kids the other day and just how we really want to try to make as many "memories" with them as possible and then she said something that really stuck out to me. She said (referring to our kids) "The days can be long but the years are short." Wow, how true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive