Friday, December 11, 2009

Axis Wrap Up 12-9-09







Topic: Backward$
Bible Verses: Psalm 24:1, Deuteronomy 8:18, Proverbs 22:7
Student Involvement: Pictures, Prayer, Bible Reading, Worship Team, Cafe Team, Tech Team, Greeting, Clean Up
Fun Stuff: The Impossible Shot
Attendance: 76
Worship Set: Kingdom, God is Alive, He Loves Us, Inside Out
The Big Idea: We wrapped up the Backward$ series tonight by trying to get really practical on how to use money. The main thought I wanted to get acrossed was that everything is God's. We are just the managers of what He gives to us. So, how can we manage His stuff well? I tried to get really practical and talk about what it means to budget and explained how to create a simple budget. You'll always have enough if you never let your expenses exceed your income. I also, talked about credit cards and how the "interest" can really cause some damage financially. I used examples of how much money you'll actually spend on something if you only pay the minimum monthly balance on a credit card. Then, I talked about how to save with the thought that we don't save in order to hoard money for ourselves, but we can save in order to be in a position to help others.
I tried to do some things differently tonight. I used a combo of power point and also writing on white boards, just to shake it up a bit.
It was an interesting night for us at axis. The weather turned really bad really quickly and I made the decision to combine middle and high school because I didn't want to have our high school students potentially out until 9:30 or 10pm when the weather was bad. So, we combined our ministries. Attendance was way down which made for a "weird" feel in the room because it seemed like the energy level was way down as well. I try to make things interactive when I teach, but had planned to make things really interactive with some Poll Everywhere polls, a clip from the internet, and some simple questions to the kids ... but the weather knocked the internet out all over the building, so that had me scrambling a bit. So, I tried to make light of it and did the polls "old school" with just kids raising their hands and ... even without the internet ... I was still able to ask questions to the kids. :)
Next Week: Adventastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive