Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Some Things I'm Thankful For

- I'm thankful that I KNOW God. I don't simply know "about" Him like I know about George Washington or John F. Kennedy. I KNOW God and have seen Him at work in my life in so many ways. I am not the same person since I've truly come to have a relationship with God.

- I'm thankful for my wife. I don't deserve her. Being married to her has shown me how selfish I really am and over the past 7 years that selfishness has been beaten down. Don't get me wrong, I'm still selfish, but Carol has helped me learn to be more selfless. She is patient, loving, caring, giving, beautiful and I'm not the same person when she's not around.

- I'm thankful for my kids, Ezra and Mercy. Every day they make me laugh and they make me cry. They have given me a great passion for life and have helped me understand what is truly important. I look at raising them as the greatest responsibility I have ever been given ... and to think that God trusts me with that responsibility. I'm glad He sees things in me that I don't see in myself.

- I'm thankful for my position at Grace Community. Seven years ago, I was in my last semester of seminary and really had no idea where I was going to go or what I was going to do. I just knew I wanted to work with teenagers. A conversation with one of my professors allowed me to be introduced to Jim and to Miah. I hadn't proven myself. Honestly, I really had no idea what I was doing. But, we hit it off and they believed in me. Seven years later, I absolutely LOVE serving here and have grown so much in my walk with God.

- I'm thankful for axis. Our teenagers keep me young. I'm 38 now and being around teenagers keeps me young and I love it when their zest for life rubs off on me. I have learned so much from our teenagers and have loved seeing them serve and grow and reach out to others. They have pushed me and caused me to strive to be a better leader.

- I'm thankful for my health and the ability to try to stay active and healthy. That ability has been taken from me a couple of times. That has caused me to be even more thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive