Friday, October 2, 2009

Wednesday Axis Wrap Up

Topic: Making the Most of Your Choices

Student Involvement: Kids were serving on the tech team, greeting team, cafe team, and the worship team.

Fun Stuff: Did a pretty fun twist on Hot Potato ... we used a Rainbow Trout.

Bible Verses: Galatians 6:7 - 8, Proverbs 13:6, 1 Corinthians 15:33

Attendance: 159 with 9 first time visitors

The "Big" Idea: It's easier to make right choices than it is to correct wrong ones.

Review: This was a small group Wednesday for us. We started using a new Live Curriculum from Simply Youth Ministry and I really like it. Our leaders really liked using it as well. Below is just a picture of what we'll be going over in our small groups.
Those not in a small group stayed in the Link with me and we talked about our choices. It's something that really been on my mind a lot lately and I really wanted to talk about it Wednesday night. Wednesday night was very interactive. I used 3 videos illustrating choices that people made and how it effected the lives. I also used 2 Poll Everywhere questions on choices and how our kids have seen poor choices effect either themselves or people they know. I would talk briefly, then I would ask a question and then let our kids talk with those around them about the question. I'd then let them share their responses with the entire group. Worked super well during our middle school time. It was "OK" during our high school time. What I really tried to drive home was that it only takes one poor choice to change the direction of your life and that it's easier to make a right choice than it is to correct a wrong one. Overall, I think things went really well.
Next week, our student leaders will be planning and entirely pulling off axis. Can't wait to see how God uses them. I'm really excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive