Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Miscellaneous

- Got to go out on a date with my wife last night. It was very much needed. It's been a really busy month and we haven't had a lot of time to just be with each other and connect. Man, I just loved it! We drove around for a little bit looking at leaves and just talking. Then we grabbed some dinner, did a little shopping, and then went to Star Bucks. It was so nice to be out with her. I just loved our time together.



- The new BBQ Chicken Salad at Panera Bread ... my new favorite salad!



- Had really powerful services at church yesterday. Jim tackled the really tough topic of homosexuality, and I can't imagine him having done a better job of it. His message was, what I thought, the perfect combination of grace and truth. I'm just disgusted at how some Christians have treated homosexuals. At the same time, we have to be willing to stand up for what the Word of God teaches ... but that can be done without degrading someone. Anyway, really good services, really good teaching, and really good connections with people.








- Mercy just recently turned 9 months old ... as you can probably tell by the sign she's holding in the picture above. I am totally in love with that little girl! I find myself often tearing up as I pray for her ... knowing what a tough world it can be for girls. I try my best to pray for her every day ... that she would come to know Jesus, that she would be a picture of God's mercy to others (that's why we named her Mercy), that she would know truth, make good decisions, feel beautiful, and be confident and strong.





- Above is a picture of Ezra "reading" books before bedtime. He loves to read, or should I say be read too. I haven't quite been able to figure out if he actually loves the reading part or if he loves the fact that he gets mom or dad all to himself while we are reading to him. My hunch is that it's a combination of both. I always thought, before becoming a dad, that I would be "affectionate" with my girls and more "rough and tumble" with my boys. What I've found is that I'm incredibly affectionate with Ezra. Cuddles, hugs, kisses ... it's a regular part of my time with him and I just love it! Sure, we do the "rough and tumble" stuff too, but he really has a sensitive spirit and I can tell already that he's a "quality time/physical touch" love language kind of guy.






- Judgment House will be starting next week. The reason we do Judgment House is because, in our community, there are a lot of "Christian alternatives" over Halloween, but there's nothing specifically designed to reach those who don't know Jesus this time of year. That's why we started doing it. It's funny, I always type a "review" of sorts of my feelings and emotions after Judgment House is over and then I look at it the following year just to let myself know that everything I'm feeling is normal. So, the fact that I'm a bit stressed and not feeling incredibly confident and wondering if we can really pull it off ... well ... every year that we've done Judgment House, I've always felt the same way and God ALWAYS comes through. I'm trusting Him to do it again this year. This week will probably be a little crazy trying to get everything together and working on some last minute stuff. Even at yesterday's practice I noticed something that we may need to change a week before we start. So, stuff always comes up. But, in the 3 years that we have done Judgment House, God has always showed up and He's always done some pretty cool stuff. Here are some stats on what we've seen God do through Judgment House at Grace over the past 3 years:

- 2,375 people have walked through the drama
- 299 people have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior
- 285 people have made some type of recommitment in their life to Jesus


- Good win for my Steelers yesterday. Big game for them next week against Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive