Wednesday, October 7, 2009



I'm really looking forward to our new series at Grace starting this Sunday. I'm always fascinated by what Jesus said about the enemy in John 8:44 "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a MURDERER from the BEGINNING, not holding to the truth, FOR THERE IS NOT TRUTH IN HIM. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is LIAR and the FATHER OF LIES."

My native language is English. It's all I know. When I speak, I speak English. When the enemy speaks, he speaks lies. It's all he knows. It's his native language. He only wants to "steal, kill, and destroy" (John 10:10) and all creation has been "groaning as in the pains of childbirth rigt up to the present time" (Romans 8:22) because of the effects of sin. Really, all Satan has is lies. I know that ... I believe that ... but if you're anything like me, I still often fall for it. Uggg!

Should be a great series and I'm looking forward to learning more of the lies and hopefully learning not to fall for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive