Tuesday, July 21, 2009

You Never Know

This Sunday afternoon I received a text from Tim, our campus pastor in South Bend. He told me that 5 people put their hope and their faith in Jesus as the Leader and Forgiver of their life after their service on Sunday. I texted him back with a hearty "Woo Hoo!" Then, he texted me back and said, "Hey ... u were preaching!"

I didn't realize that.

Our South Bend campus uses a dvd of the Goshen campus for their messages. Generally they are a week behind the Goshen campus. Right now, they are in the midst of a Deja Vu series ... 5 messages that were voted on by the people to "watch" again. This particular message was done in October of 2007 and was called "Know Your Enemy." I talked about Satan and his plan for our lives. 8 months chemotherapy treatments had just wrapped up. I was feeling horrible! For the first and only time after chemo, I started to run a fever which sent me to the hospital with a serious infection Saturday night. I was there until after midnight and had to preach the next morning. I could hardly walk because, for some reason, my feet were just killing me (a side effect of the infection). But, I wanted to give my all and had put a lot of time in to it and really believed God was going to use it that day.

Little did I know God was going to use it two years later as well. I share all of that as an encouragement not to give up. You never know when your hard work will pay off. Don't give up on that student you are trying to reach. Don't give up on that friend who is making poor choices. Don't give up on your dreams. Keep putting in your time and efforts. Our hard work and determination honors God and, I believe, He honors our hard work and determination as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive