Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday Info Dump

- It's definately been a while since I've last posted. It's been quite busy and finding/making the time to post just hasn't been a huge priority. This week looks to be even busier than last, but my posting "itch" has gotten the best of me.

- I think I've decided to run a marathon this fall. I've been running the past two weeks with no leg pain. I had been having issues with something called I.T. (iliotibial) Band Syndrome since my half marathon in May. Over the past two weeks I've been able to run some longer distances with no pain at all, so I think I'm going to give it a shot in October. As the great Myron Cope would say: "Yoy and double Yoy!" If you're not a Steelers fan you'll have absolutely no idea what that means. :) Gotta admit I'm nervous about it, but really want to try to push myself to do something physically that, at this point, I'm not sure I can do. My injury has put me about 2 1/2 weeks behind on training so I have some catching up to do. I wasn't able to run yesterday until 9pm. So, last night I did 5 miles and then I got up this morning at 6:30am and did 6 miles. Lost 5 pounds of water (or should I say sweat) this morning!

- I'm just loving the book Training Camp by Jon Gordon. A few more lines from the book:

- "The Best do ordinary things better than everyone else."
- "There's simply no substitute for practice and hard work."
- "Each day you need to weed out the negativity and feed it positivity. You need to weed the self-doubt and negative talk and feed it positive thoughts, memories, visuals, and prayer."
- "To be the best you have to train and develop your mind as much as your body, and you must start NOW."

- I have a HOT date with my wife planned for tonight. Again, last week was pretty crazy, so we didn't really have much time to connect well with each other. So, tonight, we'll be spending a few hours together without the kids. I'm really looking forward to it.

- Watched the Goshen fireworks Sunday night. We are very fortunate to have a great view of the fireworks from our back yard. We had around 85 teenagers and adults over and just had a blast! I really enjoyed hanging out with our kids and Sunday night was one of those times where I was like "Yeah, this is why I'm in youth ministry." Just really good connections with kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive