Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Misc

- Can't wait for Friday! We'll be leaving for vacation then and on our way to Montana. It will be my first time there and I'm so pumped to spend time in the outdoors. We have lots of things planned: hiking to Old Faithful, horseback riding, white water rafting ... sounds like fun! I'm really looking forward to spending some time in the mountains and just enjoying creation. That's definatley one of the ways I refresh and I'm hoping to do lots of refreshing! Should be a blast.

- Went for a long run last night ... 13 miles. Tough. I finished around 11pm. You'd think that after a long run the body would just be screaming to go to sleep, but that's not the case. Afterwards, I had a pretty hard time catching some zzzz's. But, it was good to run and my knee felt pretty good during it.

- Ironically, after 13 miles last night, I had my first physical therapy session this morning at 8am. The doctor set me up with some physical therapy to try to agressively work on my knee. Strange that I could run 13 miles last night, but then get on the treadmill, run a mile, and then have to stop because of knee pain. So, we're just trying to figure out exactly what's going on and the best way to treat it. Being in a physical therapy clinic certainly brought back memories of my Penn State days in athletic training. My original plan in life was to be a physical therapist. Graduated from Penn State with an athletic training degree, got accepted in to physical therapy school in Pittsburgh and thought I had everything planned out. Funny how God steps in and changes things sometimes. I think I would have really enjoyed being a therapist, but feel called to ministry and am so thankful God has placed this call on my life. Helping bodies recover is important, but helping a soul recover with God ... doesn't get much better than that.

- Had a great meeting with our student leadership team yesterday afternoon. I'm really excited about this Wednesday at axis. Our kids are doing EVERYTHING. And, this is the beginning stages of them taking over axis once a month and eventually moving to twice a month. It's cool to see them get excited about this and really strive to do their best. Can't wait to see how God uses them this Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive