Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Monday

- Got to celebrate Mother's Day ... a couple of days early. Carol and I were able to go out on Friday night. Some friends of ours agreed to watch the kids and so we could enjoy a night out on the town. We were able to go out to dinner, enjoy a nice dessert, and just walk around re-connecting with each other. It was really nice. For Mother's Day, I put together a picture frame with 8 different pictures from our family and gave it to Carol. I also ran out to Panera Bread early in the morning to grab 2 bagels for a "special" breakfast together. I loved celebrating Carol today! She is an amazing mom and even more beautiful woman. I love seeing how she interacts with our kids and puts everything she has in to being a great mom. How she does all that she does, I'll never know. To come home to a house that's clean and to a meal and to see two kids just loving life and enjoying their home ... Carol does it all. I am so thankful and grateful to have her in my life. I taught Ezra how to say "Happy Mommy's Day." He was going around the house saying it all the time yesterday. It was really cute.

- On Mother's Day I'm thankful for my mom also. Being a parent has helped me to understand a little better the sacrifices that she has made for her family. She has taught me to be kind, compassionate, and caring and has taught me how to serve ... not so much by what she has told me but simply by how she has lived it out in front of me. Thanks, mom.

- Had a really cool experience at church yesterday. We did "Mama Mania" which is always a blast! It was so fun seeing the different comptetitions we had and the moms just going at it ... from musical chairs to putting make-up and clothes on different people, to cutting up food and then having to eat it ... it was a lot of fun! We didn't change our series, though, and kept on the end times. At the end of the message, Jim gave an invitation for people to accept Jesus. 88 people responded! Woo Hoo! Something really cool for me ... behind Carol and I sat a family of 3 ... mom, dad, and daughter. When Jim gave the invitation, the mom stood up first and said "I don't want to be left behind." The entire family stood up then and, prayed outloud to receive Jesus. I sat with my eyes closed and just listened to their prayer. As they prayed I thought about the fact that, at that very moment, their sins were being forgiven and they were entering in to a personal relationship with the God of the Universe! Wow!

- This whole "Refuel" thing, which I blogged about on Friday, has been awesome! I've been sending out text messages to our kids and adult leaders inviting them to connect with God in different ways. This mornings text: "Stop. Take 10 seconds to ask God what His purpose is for your life today." I continue to get comments from kids and adults saying how much they are appreciating these texts because it makes them stop and connect with God. I'm so thankful that people are doing it and will be excited to see how God uses this in our youth ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive